**CLOSED** Chili and a Slow Cooker giveaway!
*Check me out on Cafepress
*Need to earn more money from your blog? Check out SocialSpark, Giveaway.ly and Escalate Network
*Sponsored Tweets is how I get paid on Twitter.
If an Amazon link is in a post, it is an affiliate link. Other relationships will be stated if there is one.
If you have shopping to do on Amazon, click on their logo below. It won't charge you anything, but it helps keep this site up and running and pays for the giveaways I do here and on my Facebook page. Thank you!
Congrats to Jacquelyn Cannon! I’ll be contacting you and you have 48 hours to respond.
I love chili. And it’s the time of year for it. I’ll admit it, I make it all year because it’s easy to throw in the crock pot in the morning and then leave it all day and it’s done in time for supper. I use my crock pot all year round. It’s HUGE for soccer practices around here. Usually the kids soccer practices aren’t until 5:45 or 6. Too early or supper before we leave and really late to make it when we get back.
So, pull up a stool and I’ll tell you my families’ secret recipe. (Though I’m not sure it’s really a secret.)
I always start this at 8:30 AM or so, after I get the kids on the bus.
The Manning’s Not-So-Secret Chili
1 lb of hamburger cooked and crumbled
1 can of V8 (the big cans, not the 8 oz cans)
me thinks that is one of the secrets ingredients
1 32 oz can of chili beans
1 16 oz can of refried beans
that might be a secret too. Just don’t tell my dad.
1/2 an onion (we use yellow) chopped
1/2 a green pepper chopped
3 or 4 slivers of a garlic clove chopped fine
1 package of fresh mushrooms chopped
1 – 2 tsps of chili powder (we used mild then add our own hot sauce to our bowls because some Mexican man in our house likes his stuff so hot he has trouble breathing as he’s eating it.)
(He really needs custom water bottles, or any water bottle while he’s eating. He’ll never admit it’s too hot.)
Throw all of that in the crock pot (I have a huge crock pot, though I’m not sure of the measurements.) and cook on low all day. I usually cook it for 8 hours on low, but there are times I get started later and I start it on low then kick it up to high a couple of hours before I need it done.)
Dish out into bowls.
Add a dollop of sour cream.
Sprinkle some chedder cheese.
Add crackers if you want them.
Now, if you’re adventurous, which I so am not, you can be like my dad and add deer meat. I’m sure you could make it with sausage also and it would be yummy! I bet a combo of ground beef and sausage would be excellent. I want chili now.
Speaking of crock pots, guess what I have for you?
Yep, http://www.cookware.com has generously offered to give my readers this beauty!
Yeah, that’s right. The Hamilton Beach 7 QT Slow Cooker in stainless steel none the less. I’m kinda jealous. My crock pot’s handle is broke. I must handle with care (pardon the pun, it was totally intentional.) when I move it. I’ll live vicariously through you when you come back and tell me how it works if you win it!
- Large capacity cooks an 8 lb. chicken, two 4 lb. roasts & more
- Keep warm setting maintains serving temperature
- Recipes included for meals, soups and side dishes
- Removable dishwasher safe stoneware and lid
- Lid Latch strap included for easier portability
- Capacity: 7 qt.
- Finish: Stainless Steel
- Insert Material: Stoneware
How can you win this beautiful slow cooking bad boy? I’ll tell you!
Visit http://www.cookware.com and tell me another product of theirs you would like to try.
- – Subscribe to my blog via email or reader (right sidebar)
- – Follow me on Twitter (either @HeatherM74 or @GiveawayChick – you’ll get all the giveaways from other bloggers that I enter on @GiveawayChick, either one is fine.)
- – Follow CSN Stores on Twitter
- – Tweet this giveaway (1X/day)
- Win a Hamilton Beach 7 QT Slow Cooker from @HeatherM74! http://bit.ly/coP5Ur ends 2/10 #Giveaway Please RT!
- – Follow me via Google Friend connect
- – add my button to your blog (the 24/7 mom one on the right side)- comment on one of my other posts
- – blog about this giveaway with a link back to this post and to http://www.cookware.com.
- – Digg, StumbleUpon, or any other social networking bookmark this giveaway. (Not the site, the post.) There are links after each post.
- – Add this giveaway to any site that allows you to list giveaways (sweeps site, giveaway link, etc. Just don’t spam. Make sure it’s allowed.)
- Please leave a separate comment for each entry.Giveaway ends on 2/10/10 at 11:59 PM CST. Only US/Canadian entries. Winner will be chosen by random number generator. Winner will be emailed and must respond within 48 hours or an alternate winner will be chosen. NO PO BOXES. Winner will provide address to me to be given to Melitta who will ship the necklace.
- Thank you to http://www.cookware.com for offering a giveaway to my readers! I did not receive anything for posting it and the recipe my dad’s as far as I know.